Prevention and Wellness
There are a couple of ways to maintain a healthy weight:
- Stay active. If you don't already engage in physical activities you enjoy, now is the time to start. It can be as simple as a brisk walk after work with a loved one-a great way to end your day. Our Lady of the Lake has indoor and outdoor walking paths that are open to the community for use. If you're interested in personal training, the Lake Health Center offers trainers who can individualize programs to help you meet your personal goals.
- Eat healthier.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Read labels.
- Don't skip meals, especially breakfast.
- Eat frequent low-calorie meals throughout the day.
Those who maintain a healthy weight:
- Are proven to live longer, more productive lives.
- Often have reduced overall healthcare costs.
- Set good examples of healthy lifestyles for those around them.
Visit www.ololweightloss.com or the American Heart Association's website to learn more weight loss tips.