Joint replacement is an elective procedure that can dramatically improve your quality of life. At Our Lady of the Lake, we perform more than 1,500 total joint surgeries each year, including knee, hip and shoulder replacements. Lake Joint Effort is a comprehensive program that caters to your every joint replacement need.
Lake Joint Effort Program
From the moment you are recommended for the program, our staff works with your primary care physician and orthopedic surgeon to coordinate the care you'll receive. Lake Joint Effort provides:
- An enhanced, more consistent patient experience
- A built-in support system that includes your healthcare team, your family and other joint replacement patients
- Better physical outcomes
A cohesive medical team consisting of the surgeon, program coordinator, pharmacist, nurse, and therapist to assist you in the primary goal of an early return to an independent lifestyle.
What to expect
Every detail is taken care of and coordinated for you, from insurance filing to hospital admission to discharge. After your physician or surgeon recommends you for our program, we will call you to schedule an education class which is a critical step in completing your care. The education class is for patients and a family member which walks you through each step of the process, making sure to answer any questions you may have.
We want your total joint replacement surgery to be a positive, rewarding experience, which is why our program is focused on wellness. Patients who have been a part of Lake Joint Effort consistently point to three benefits the program provides:
View the Pre-Surgery Instruction sheet.
- Support: You get to know your entire healthcare team, which remains with you throughout your stay. A family member or friend will serve as your "coach," providing personal support and encouragement.
- New Friendships: Beginning with your education class, you'll meet others going through the same process as you. You'll see familiar faces as soon as you are admitted to the hospital, and many patients develop personal friendships that last beyond their stay. You'll also have the opportunity to catch up with former patients at periodic Lake Joint Effort reunion events.
- Results: Our patients consistently require shorter recovery periods and most are able to return home sooner than the average total joint replacement patient.