Heart Center: Fast Facts
- Our Hybrid Operating Room is one of 40 in the nation, and allows patients to have more than one heart procedure completed in one surgical setting if needed, reducing return trips to the hospital and time away from work and family.
- Our Lady of the Lake's Heart Center offers more open-heart procedures than any other hospital in Louisiana.
- The Heart Center is one of the only facilities in the country that performs 90 - 95 percent of heart surgery procedures via an off-bypass pump, allowing patients to have smoother, speedier recoveries.
- We offer the latest technology equipment, including the Hansen Sensei® X Robotic Catheter System, electrophysiology (study of the heart's electrical system) and other state-of-the-art innovations.
- The Heart Center brings the newest, most promising treatment options to patients and we are consistently chosen to participate in national clinical trials. We maintain a close working partnership with the Louisiana Cardiovascular Research Foundation.
- In studies performed by Press GaneyTM, the Heart Center has been in the 90th percentile or above for overall patient satisfaction for the past year.
- Recipient of the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation certification for cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
- We are regionally sought out for complex atrial fibrillation expertise, technology and treatment.
- Full chest-pain service with 24-hour cardiology coverage including ER staff, cardiac specialists, hospitalists, intensivists and other doctors-all specially trained to respond to chest pain patients upon emergency room arrival.
- "Door to balloon" or "door to treatment" is a nationally measured timeframe of how long it takes a heart team to respond-from the time a patient arrives to the time that the blocked heart vessel is opened. The Heart Center continues to exceed standards in this area, consistently performing life-saving procedures in under the recommended amount of time.
- Protocol-driven approach to patient care allows doctors to reduce the time to treatment during the critical early stages of a heart attack or chest pain, and helps ensure that patients are not sent home too early or needlessly admitted to the hospital.
- Doctors, cardiac nurses and ER doctors are continuously educated on the latest chest pain interventions supported by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Care for our heart failure patients is nationally recognized and modeled after for its best practices.
If you would like to measure and better your heart health, check out the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association's "My Heart, My Life" program, which details risk factors for heart problems and stroke. Discover more about OLOL's initiative and get information on our walking paths.
If you are at risk for heart disease or have a family history of heart problems, it's important that you consult a doctor who specializes in heart care to determine your best plan of care for a healthy life. Find a cardiologist today.