When you cook, make sure you cook your food long enough.
Do not eat uncooked tofu. Cook tofu for at least 5 minutes.
When eating chicken and other poultry:
- Cook whole pieces of poultry to 180 °F.
- Cook ground poultry to 165 °F.
If you cook beef, lamb, pork, or venison:
- Do not eat raw mean, such as Japanese sashimi.
- Make sure meat is not red or pink before you eat it.
- Cook meat to 160 °F.
When eating fish, oysters, and other shellfish:
- Do not eat raw fish (such as sushi), raw oysters, or any other raw shellfish.
- Make sure all fish and shellfish you eat is cooked thoroughly.
Heat all casseroles to 165 °F. Warm hot dogs and lunch meats to steaming before you eat them.