What foods can make my problem worse?
- Can I eat dairy foods?
- Can I have greasy or spicy foods?
- What type of gum or candy should I avoid?
- Can I have caffeine, such as coffee or tea? Fruit juices? Carbonated drinks?
- Which fruits or vegetables are OK to eat?
Are there foods I can eat so I do not lose too much weight?
How much water or liquid should I drink during the day? What are the signs that I am not drinking enough water?
Do any of the medicines, vitamins, herbs, or supplements I take cause diarrhea? Should I stop taking any of them?
What products can I buy to help with my diarrhea? What is the best way to take these?
- What is the best way to take these products?
- Which ones can I take every day?
- Which ones should I not take every day?
- Can any of these products make my diarrhea worse?
- Should I take psyllium fiber (Metamucil)?
Does diarrhea mean I have a more serious medical problem?
When should I call the doctor?