What type of symptoms or problems will my child have?
- Will my child have problems thinking or remembering?
- How long will these problems last?
- Will all the symptoms and problems go away?
Does someone need to stay with my child?
- How long does someone need to stay?
- Is it okay for my child to go to sleep?
- Does my child need to be awakened while sleeping?
What type of activity can my child do?
- Does my child need to stay in bed or lie down?
- Can my child play around the house?
- When can my child begin to exercise?
- When can my child do contact sports such as football and soccer?
- When can my child go skiing or snowboarding?
- Does my child need to wear a helmet?
How can I prevent head injuries in the future?
- Does my child have the right kind of car seat?
- In what sports should my child always wear a helmet?
- Are there sports my child should never play?
- What can I to make my home safer?
When can my child go back to school?
- Are my child’s teachers the only school people I should tell about my child’s concussion?
- Can my child stay for a full day?
- Will my child need to rest during the day?
- Can my child take part in recess and gym class?
- How will the concussion affect my child's schoolwork?
What drugs can my child use for any pain or headache? Are ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), or other similar drugs okay?
Is it okay for my child to eat? Will my child have an upset stomach?
Do I need a follow-up appointment?
When should I call the doctor?