Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Center
The Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program at Our Lady of the Lake Heart Center is designed to help patients recover faster and return more quickly to a full and productive life following a heart event. An individually designed program involving supervised exercise, education, lifestyle counseling and risk factor modification can help you resume your normal work and leisure activities. They are the key elements to a safe and effective recovery.
Who Can Benefit?
You can benefit from cardiac rehabilitation if you have experienced any of the following:
Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program
The Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program involves:
- An individual program of physical activity, carried out in a group setting, is tailored to your abilities and personal needs.
- Learn how to exercise safely and effectively, while being monitored and supervised by our professional staff.
- Strengthen your muscles and improve stamina.
- Exercise classes are offered Monday through Friday. Please call (225) 765-8004 for specific times.
- Learn about your heart problem, its causes, treatments and ways to help with lifestyle changes through our Heart-Healthy Lifestyle Education Series classes.
- Learn how to take more responsibility for your health in order to prevent or minimize any future heart problems.
- A variety of cardiac education programs are offered throughout the year. Visit our calendar of events for class offerings.
- Counseling and behavior change
- Develop strategies that will successfully lower your risk of recurring heart disease.
- Learn specific skills to help you stop unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking.
- Start healthy behaviors, such as eating a heart-healthy diet and stress reduction.
- Gather insight into emotional and psychological health after a cardiac event.
- Safe and effective recovery
- Cardiac rehabilitation has proven to be a safe and effective method to help patients recover from heart difficulties, reduce future hospital admissions and improve patient recovery.
Phases of Cardiac Rehabilitation
The phases of cardiac rehabilitation include:
Cardiac Rehabilitation Team
In addition to your personal doctor, the cardiac rehabilitation team is comprised of registered nurses, clinical exercise physiologists, registered dietitians and licensed social workers-each an important resource for your recovery and prevention management.
Referral to Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Center
Admittance into the Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Center requires a referral from your doctor. You can either call us directly or your doctor can provide a referral order. Once the referral has been initiated, we will contact you to set up an orientation appointment and assist you with your insurance arrangements. Medicare and most insurance carriers typically cover at least 80 percent of the cost of services, but it is important to verify coverage prior.
7777 Hennessy Boulevard
(second floor of Our Lady of the Lake Medical Plaza building)
Monday - Friday, 7 am - 3:30 pm
Enter the Medical Plaza parking lot from Hennessy Boulevard. Parking is free for patients visiting the Medical Plaza.