St. Clare Manor Nursing Home
St. Clare Manor is a nursing facility that was established in 1998 as an affiliate of Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center. St. Clare Manor accepts approved Medicaid, Medicare (Medicaid upgrade optional) and private pay. We offer Medicaid-certified nursing care and a secured area for persons in the early to mid-stages of Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia.
St. Clare Manor Nursing Home has nearly doubled in size to accommodate the community's need for high-quality, long-term nursing care. The environment offers the appeal of assisted retirement living, but provides 24-hour licensed nursing care.
Contact St. Clare Manor
7435 Bishop Ott Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
About St. Clare Manor
St. Clare Manor grew from the desire of the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System to serve the elderly who were in need both physically and financially. This licensed 216-bed facility offers the appeal of living at home yet provides 24-hour nursing care.
We realize that long-term care is not an easy decision for family members and can be an adjustment for the new resident. We are here to help you adapt to the many changes associated with long-term care placement. Even though infirmities or disabilities may necessitate a degree of dependency, we value promoting the well-being of the total person and are concerned for the physical, emotional, social and spiritual welfare of each individual.
Each resident at St. Clare Manor must be admitted by a licensed physician and remain under a physician’s supervision. Applicants for admission are assessed by one of our professional staff to determine if their needs can be met by St. Clare Manor.
- Medicare/Medicaid skilled care
- Rehabilitation services (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy)
- A specially designed, secure unit for persons diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia
- Respite (short-term) care
- In-house primary care physician and nurse practitioner visits
- In-house podiatry service
- Dental services
- Pharmacy delivery service
- Family support services (on-site social worker)
- Restorative care
- Nutritional consulting services by a registered dietician
- Beauty/barber services
- Maintenance, housekeeping and laundry services
- Daily activities coordinated by certified activity therapists
- On-site worship services and pastoral care representative
Recent enhancements include
- Creation of residential “neighborhoods” to promote a family oriented atmosphere
- Dining experience features options of meal entrée and dining time
- Implementation of an Electronic Medical Records system
- A neighborhood design with only 32 residents per neighborhood
- A unique room layout providing greater privacy
- Spacious common areas for dining, relaxing and visiting
- We also offer private living suites that provide the privacy and comfort of home with the 24-hour care of a nursing home.