Making Things Better for Your Employees' Children
Our Lady of the Lake Children's Hospital is the second largest provider of pediatric services in the state of Louisiana. We understand that children are not small adults, and that they have their own set of unique healthcare needs. We care for our patients and their families with dignity, respect and compassion, delivering advanced pediatric medical treatment with appreciation for the specific needs of children.
I'm proud to be part of such an excellent team of doctors and to know that the children of this community - including mine - have access to these resources.
Sandra Franz, MD, FAAP
Our Lady of the Lake
Our Lady of the Lake provides a depth of pediatric services unmatched in the community, including:
- The largest 24/7 pediatric ER in the area
- The largest pediatric ICU in the area
- The only 24/7 pediatric neurosurgery coverage available
- The broadest network of pediatric specialists, including cardiology, oncology, surgery, allergy and immunology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, nephrology, orthopedics, pulmonology, sleep medicine and others
- One of only six St. Jude affiliate clinics in the country, so kids with cancer can be treated as close to home and family as possible
- A pediatric residency program that trains future doctors
- An endowed chair at Pennington Biomedical Research Center to fund research on pediatric obesity